TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 08:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Political Philosophy
| | |-+  Toll Roads
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toll Roads  (Read 748 times)
CWO3ROBBIE
Member in Good Standing

« on: November 08, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »

What do you think about Toll Roads?

"FREE SPEECH AND THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED CANNOT COEXIST"!
CWO3ROBBIE
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »

We have a privately owned toll road in Loudoun County VA. It is 14 miles long and costs $3.50 during rush hour. That works out to $.25 a mile. Would I be now sitting in livingston, TX if I had to pay an additional $.25 a mile to get here? At an additional $350 cost; Probably not.

CWO3ROBBIE
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »

My gps seems to take me out of the way to put me on toll roads. Has any one else noticed this or am I paranoid. I have also noticed that when I set it to avoid toll roads it seems to put me on the worst roads in that area?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:19:48 PM by CWO3ROBBIE » Logged

Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

My gps seems to take me out of the way to put me on toll roads. Has any one else noticed this or am I parinoid. I have also noticed that when I set it to avoid toll roads it seems to put me on the worst roads in that area?
Id on't have GPS Robbie, but I have noticed with my son's that it does not recognize many roads even some big highways. And I don't know if we even have toll roads here in MS
Prunella Farquar
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »

My gps seems to take me out of the way to put me on toll roads. Has any one else noticed this or am I paranoid. I have also noticed that when I set it to avoid toll roads it seems to put me on the worst roads in that area?

Next time take the 610 loop to get to 290...or just stay on the tollway feeder. 
Why am I talking to you....you're not even on this site anymore?

Because one pole may catch a fish, it does not mean that 5 poles will catch an inner tube.
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »

In my opinion it is one thing if the toll road is owned by the government/people - but I hate, hate hate this new tendency to allow businesses to own and run roads. I think roads should be free to everyone. What's wrong with me!!!???

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: