TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Smalltalk and whatnot
| |-+  Quick Questions (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Coffee talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffee talk  (Read 2852 times)
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »

I broke my coffee maker!!! At first I had to hold the button down the whole time the coffee was making - but then I took it apart to fix it and now I can't even get it to come on. Wish I'd had a cup of coffee before I took it apart!!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
BoobooPuppy
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »

Do you have coffee yet?  I'm waiting for mine to finish brewing.  Hubby is staying home sick again today, so I was not awakened with a fresh cup of coffee, and I had to make the coffee myself. 
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »

I got a new coffee maker by joining Gevalia. It is great as a decaf drinker (by necessity) to have a choice of some different kinds of good coffee. I try ot support air trade, but so few are decaffeinated except for the really dark roasts and I like alight roast.  I'm currently really enjoying Kenya coffee (but Kona is really really good and really really expensive)

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Brian
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »

Does anyone know of some good coffees that I should put on my Christmas wish list?
Mirembe Kawomera*.  The little store across the street sells it.  It is good.  In addition to that, it is good:  It is a Fair Trade coffee, grown by a cooperative of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Ugandan farmers.  It is one of a number of coffees sold by a company called Thanksgiving Coffee.
I like Kona too, but would never pay the prices here for real Kona (most things with Kona on the label have about 10% Kona).  If anyone is headed to the islands and desperate to know what gift to bring me back, though, that would be it.
Lately I've started making a 50/50 blend - Half Mirembe Kawomera and half French Roast decaf (also Fair Trade).  By doing that I get to still have two cups but only 1/2 the caffeine - I hardly noticed and now I'm used to it.
(*if you are interested: http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/spiritual-uprising/java-justice)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:36:38 AM by Brian » Logged
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »

My daughter drinks tea. She left me her whole collection of different types special tea and she has all those special tea cups and small pots to make the tea as you suppose to /which I don't use/ but one day recently I decided to try some of the tea and now I love it. I love to have a cup of hot strong tea in the morning instead the coffee. It wakes me up faster too
Prunella Farquar
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »

I like tea too.

Because one pole may catch a fish, it does not mean that 5 poles will catch an inner tube.
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »

I like if hot with honey and lemon. My daughter puts milk in it but it spoils the taste for me. I like the herb tea too. One of my best memories from high school was. We were on a winter military camp /it was mandatory, I had to learn to use gun/. Because our team was first we were awarded a hike to a big hut in the mountains and it was in the Winter. It was cold and snowing but the time we got to the hut we were freezing but the gave us hot mountain herbs tea and it had just a drop of cognac in it...it was yum. No there was no teacher with us, just the military instructor who was young lieutenant, and we were all 17 and 8 years old, the legal age in Europe is 18 so it was almost OK.
Prunella Farquar
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »

How comforting!  I wish I could drink herb teas, but it's not permitted on my new "lifestyle".

Because one pole may catch a fish, it does not mean that 5 poles will catch an inner tube.
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

Well not all the herb teas have to have the spice in them. In Bulgaria we drink a lot of herb teas. And there are many used more as medication. I remember my mom had tea for cold, or cough, to put you sleep or sore throat. And most of them work. She would pick the herbs her self, I was going to the mountains with her. They were always clean with no chemicals in them and had the best aroma you can imagine. I really don't remember taking anything stronger than aspirin when I was a child.
Prunella Farquar
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »

The sound great, but it's the medicinal qualities of the teas that forbids them from my diet.  The interact with the anti-rejection drug which was itself, developed from a fungus found on mt Fuji.

Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »

Now that really sucks...I am sorry dear. Than to make up for it; I can do fortune telling on Turkish coffee. How about that? 
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

The sound great, but it's the medicinal qualities of the teas that forbids them from my diet.  The interact with the anti-rejection drug which was itself, developed from a fungus found on mt Fuji.

Then you should be able to drink green tea at least!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: