TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 08:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Fun with words
| |-+  Jokes and puns
| | |-+  Shaggy Dog Stories
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shaggy Dog Stories  (Read 2212 times)
Rhiannnonn
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

Not sure if this one actually fits here but I was telling this joke for a good 20 years (and everyone said they never heard it before - go figure), before I told it to a Preist in the elevator at the hospital when my Grandmother was dying. The Preist liked it so much that he gave it a new punchline (talk about run-on sentences...) :

A preist, a minister, and a rabbi go out fishing in a boat near a small island. It's the first time that rabbi goes with them.

So, they're out there fishing for a good long while and Mother Nature calls (shall we say) and the preist steps out of the boat, and walks to the island. He does his business and walks back to the boat, again walking on water. The rabbi is amazed to see this; but he keeps his composure acting as if it's perfectly normal. The rabbi is really wondering about this one.

After another while, the minister does likewise. Just like the preist, the minster gets out of the boat and walks on water to the island. Of course, he also walks on water back to the boat. The rabbi is astounded that both of them can walk on water. And he sits and mulls this over for a good long while.

The rabbi finally decides, "If they can do it, so can I." So, the rabbi gets out of the boat and falls in the water. He scrambles back into the boat and has another good long think while his clothes are drying.

The rabbi is really determined that he's just as good as the preist and the minister. After all, they're in the same business so to speak.  So about the time that his clothes have dried, he decides that he's going to try it again. He gets out of the boat and falls in the water again.

Now he's really getting kind of confused, but he still keeps it to himself. So, again, when he's almost dry, he tries it again. Again he falls in the water and has to scramble back into the boat.

So just as the rabbi is beginning to think that maybe there is something to this Christianity stuff, the minister leans over to the priest and whispers, "Do you think we should tell him where the rocks are?"

~~

That was the original punchline. The priest in the elevator's reaction (thus the new punchline) was to lean over to me and whisper, "No, he sold us the fishing rods!"

Your most radiant garment is of the other person's weaving;
Your most savory meal is that which you eat at the other person's table;
Your most comfortable bed is in the other person's house.
Now tell me, how can you separate yourself from the other person?

Sand and Foam ~~ Kahlil Gibran
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: