TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 07:56:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Fun with words
| |-+  Bookworms
| | |-+  The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery  (Read 3519 times)
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »

Anyone who recommends that "something Quest" movie is very fine by me! "Vision Quest"? what was the name...

Galaxy Quest!

As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender.

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Prunella Farquar
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »

By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged.

Because one pole may catch a fish, it does not mean that 5 poles will catch an inner tube.
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »

You were never serious about the craft!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
baf
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »

You know, WS, a lot of people are not serious about the craft: after being talked into renting Galaxy Quest one of my sisters gave me a call - seriously doubting my sanity and/or sense of humour. I loved it, what can I say?

Outside the box is far vaster than inside.
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »

You know, WS, a lot of people are not serious about the craft: after being talked into renting Galaxy Quest one of my sisters gave me a call - seriously doubting my sanity and/or sense of humour. I loved it, what can I say?

I'm SO relieved!! I don't know if I could be your friend if you didn't like it. It's actually not so badly put together and it deals with a variety of personall faults pedagogically.

baf
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 10:37:44 PM »

.... personal faults pedagogically? is that the connection?? do you have to do battle in the personal trenches of teaching to get it?

WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »

.... personal faults pedagogically? is that the connection?? do you have to do battle in the personal trenches of teaching to get it?

I doubt it, but I was fascinated how each character has a failing that he or she must over come in order to work together.

baf
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 02:35:19 PM »

Love how interpretations lead to slightly different views... that story line got me thinking of the power of shared emotions and blind faith.

WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »

Love how interpretations lead to slightly different views... that story line got me thinking of the power of shared emotions and blind faith.
I'd go for trust (not necessarily blind faith).

Brian
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »

It's really an ode to beauty, beauty in the small, the imperceptible, the innocent and the moment.
Well, I read it, and she's right!  A clever, engaging story line works to deliver a lot of wisdom - about the above.  Good book!
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 11:53:33 AM »

It's really an ode to beauty, beauty in the small, the imperceptible, the innocent and the moment.
Well, I read it, and she's right!  A clever, engaging story line works to deliver a lot of wisdom - about the above.  Good book!

Cool! sadly I haven't gotten around to it yet!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: