TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 10:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Smalltalk and whatnot
| |-+  Quick Questions (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Did you know that it's possible to add your own question, or even a poll?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you know that it's possible to add your own question, or even a poll?  (Read 1481 times)
DannyO
Member in Good Standing

« on: October 27, 2009, 03:19:01 AM »

Well, it is.

That button over there on the right that says "New Topic" is the place to start.

Sorry the navigation on this site isn't very intuitive, at least not yet.
chriss cee
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »

danny. thank you sooo much for this!
Lauri
Member in Good Standing

butt seriously ;-P

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:44:46 AM »

Danny - I'm so lame...I don't see a button to the right that reads "new post" sorry.

Hey, a question for you too.  Ummm...everytime I navigate between topics here...I get a message about security...any way I can stop that from popping up each time?  (btw - there is no option on the pop-up box to check for me to say I don't want to see it again)

Lauri
DannyO
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »

Danny - I'm so lame...I don't see a button to the right that reads "new post" sorry.

Hey, a question for you too.  Ummm...everytime I navigate between topics here...I get a message about security...any way I can stop that from popping up each time?  (btw - there is no option on the pop-up box to check for me to say I don't want to see it again)

You have to be at the top level in a "forum" (i.e., like this: https://www.public-spectacle.com/smf/index.php/board,2.0.html ) and then you'll see it.  It doesn't appear when you're actually in the middle of a thread.

Regarding the security thingy, what's it saying?  Can you send me a copy?

Different browsers might have different opinions about this site, but it's intended to be secure, so if I've fouled things up I'd like to know about it so I can fix it.
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »

Danny, I love the fact that I don't have any problem here logging in from my phone , reading and replying, loads fast and easy, keeps me signed. Only one recommendation. When I am browsing here from my PDA and enter a discussion, there is no exit button, I can only reply or navigate inside the thread but cant get out, unless back up all the way to the beginning. Now when the thread are short is not problem but might be later.
 Can you fix that?. I know I am probably the only one who spends more time here on my PDA than the computer, but I don't have internet on my work computer and some days at work are deadly boring.
BoobooPuppy
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »

Danny, I'm having the same problem with the security pop-up.  I'll try to send you a copy.
DannyO
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »

Danny, I love the fact that I don't have any problem here logging in from my phone , reading and replying, loads fast and easy, keeps me signed. Only one recommendation. When I am browsing here from my PDA and enter a discussion, there is no exit button, I can only reply or navigate inside the thread but cant get out, unless back up all the way to the beginning. Now when the thread are short is not problem but might be later.
 Can you fix that?. I know I am probably the only one who spends more time here on my PDA than the computer, but I don't have internet on my work computer and some days at work are deadly boring.

I don't know how this looks on a PDA or a phone, but I agree that the this site has a somewhat clunky navigation mechanism.  I'm not sure what options I have for changing it, however, without a large about of mucking around.

In the meanwhile, note that at the bottom of each page there is a "back to the top" button, and at the top of each page there display of the ancestry of the current page.  It's not perfect but it seems to get the job done.
CWO3ROBBIE
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 10:55:10 AM »

Well, it is.

That button over there on the right that says "New Topic" is the place to start.

Can I get enough polls fill up the holes that WS digs on my farm? Where is that button?

"FREE SPEECH AND THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED CANNOT COEXIST"!
chriss cee
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »

thanks for pointing that out
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »

Are you going to help me put up my fence, Robbie?!

Well, it is.

Can I get enough polls fill up the holes that WS digs on my farm? Where is that button?

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
1GreatLady
Hasn't posted much

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »

This is cool, Danny.We don't have to do HTML?Huh   Roll Eyes
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »

Okay, for the heck of it I added a (silly) poll!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: