TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 07:59:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Smalltalk and whatnot
| |-+  News about teebeedee.ning
| | |-+  A note about karma
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A note about karma  (Read 1006 times)
admin
Administrator
Member in Good Standing

I run this place. No, really.

« on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

When this site was active, some of the users left in a huff because I screwed up the karma settings and didn't feel like fixing them.

I thought it would be polite to mention that they're still screwed up, and I still don't feel like fixing them.  I don't think it's important; and technically it's not screwed up.

I will explain.

Karma is used to control exactly one thing on this site: the number of stars next to your name when you post something.  That's it.  It's not something you should worry about, unless stars have some deeply personal meaning to you.

The number of stars it prints, and what color they are, are all related to the number of postings that you've made, and how well they've been liked, and things of that ilk, but it's not easy to decipher how this relationship works.  Newbies often have more stars than people who have posted a lot, for example.  My advice is to consider it meaningless.

Nevertheless, someone was so upset by this that he quit and formed his own site.  I bet it has an awesome karma system.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: