TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Smalltalk and whatnot
| |-+  Quick Questions (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Movies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 984 times)
WS
Member in Good Standing

« on: February 20, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »

It isn't a quick question, but I don't know where to put this topic.  If you want to talk about new films, old films, documentaries, Oscars - here is a good place!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »

Here it is . I watched Avatar 3 times. I think it is a great movie. I am surprised a little to see that most of the reactions from it between people our generation were "It is good" and that is all. 
   For example I think this movie brought the 3D movies to complete different level. I remember when I watched a 3D movie for the first time in my life, it was 33 years ago an they opened a 3D movie theater in Sofia. There was statements as "In  10 years all the movies will be 3D" and we will have 3D TVs. Well it was not in 10 but now I think finally the Avatar made the step in that direction. It is a movie with the right combination of good plot and nice graphic effects.
    My daughter compared it with "District 9" so I tried to watch it but could not pass the first 10 minutes on the movie to be able to make any comparing. 
  So did you see it, what do you think about it.  Have you seen District 9, were you able to watch it to the end?
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »

I haven't seen Avatar yet because the reaction has been so mixed. I do hope to do so eventually!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Sonya Self
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

Please go when you can still see it in 3d. Seeing it on DVD would not be the same
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: