TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 09:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Site information and feedback
| |-+  Suggestion box
| | |-+  So confused ;(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So confused ;(  (Read 961 times)
Captain Dazz
Hasn't posted much

« on: December 03, 2009, 11:06:09 PM »

Shocked    "Ello everyone! Dazz here. I registered during my laptop kerfuffle - and forgot completely my user name and password - so now I'm "here" twice (my doppelganger is running about incognito).  So that's a question . . . (how to fix pls?) plus - is everyone spending more time here than on TBD_Ning ? And why? I'm not sure how to participate here - the format is a tad confusing!

Small whimper - help?
Cap'n Dazzling Zoomer gal Diana - awfully confused! (Not unusual ;-D eh?) Huh
admin
Administrator
Member in Good Standing

I run this place. No, really.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:29:35 AM »

To fix a problem like this, a message to the admin describing what you would like done is probably the most effective first step.
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »

Shocked    "Ello everyone! Dazz here. I registered during my laptop kerfuffle - and forgot completely my user name and password - so now I'm "here" twice (my doppelganger is running about incognito).  So that's a question . . . (how to fix pls?) plus - is everyone spending more time here than on TBD_Ning ? And why? I'm not sure how to participate here - the format is a tad confusing!

Small whimper - help?

Hey Dazz - good to have you here. I don't know about everyone - but everyone who is anyone is (or will be) here!!  Of course I think we could use a few more people too - so be sure to invite friends!  The format is really much like the oldest TBD You'll figure it out pretty quickly - I like it!

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
baf
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »

I'm liking dropping by for a visit with some of my favourite people but I'm not crazy about the whole "stats" thing. Don't care for the comparison factor.

Outside the box is far vaster than inside.
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:31 PM »

I'm liking dropping by for a visit with some of my favourite people but I'm not crazy about the whole "stats" thing. Don't care for the comparison factor.

Then just ignore them - I find it interesting to know what time of day I'm most likely to post etc.

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
admin
Administrator
Member in Good Standing

I run this place. No, really.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 04:40:20 AM »

The package just does that.

I'd turn it off if I knew how (I don't like that sort of thing either), even though I know it would probably mean I'd get another 11 PMs about what a control freak I am, given the tempest in a teapot we had when I temporarily removed the "stars" for frequent posters.

So we're using the defaults all the way.  If you don't enjoy reading the stats, I recommend you do what 95% of the users do: ignore them completely.  They don't matter, except for one slightly annoying but useful aspect: "new" users are handled slightly differently and can't do some operations that "not-so-new" users can do.  This is a barrier that makes it a little harder for someone to sign up and immediately spam the site.  Personally, I think this is a good thing.
Rhiannnonn
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »

Small whimper - help?

I pretty much can't go to TBD.Ning. Doesn't matter how many times I sign in, if I try to go to another page, it makes me sign in again. And all that signing in keeps me from being able to answer any PMs or even Groups.

Your most radiant garment is of the other person's weaving;
Your most savory meal is that which you eat at the other person's table;
Your most comfortable bed is in the other person's house.
Now tell me, how can you separate yourself from the other person?

Sand and Foam ~~ Kahlil Gibran
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: