TBD on Public Spectacle
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 08:54:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hey! This site is less annoying than facebook.
1,717 Posts in 138 Topics by 72 Members
Latest Member: Jacquis59
* Home Help Login Register
+  TBD on Public Spectacle
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Political Philosophy
| | |-+  Health Care
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Health Care  (Read 676 times)
WS
Member in Good Standing

« on: November 27, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »

What is your take on health care reform?  Have you seen Sicko?  Can Single Payer work?  Be polite and offer substantiation.

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
baf
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »

I hope for the sake of all my American pals that the Public Health Care bill passes. In Canada, it works well, not perfectly, but well. We receive the treatments needed whether we're rich or poor. To simplify: it's like your Medicare program, except for everyone. It eliminates the middle man having to spend hours and hours wheeling and dealing with the various insurance companies. Having one insurer for all represents a noticeable saving. Our monthly premiums are paid by our employer and for the self-employed, the cost averages to about 45$ a month.
I don't worry about being able to afford health care.
For a precise picture of what a public health care system looks like:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery-prestation/index-eng.php

Outside the box is far vaster than inside.
D.D. Olson
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »

"I want what she's having."  That is, what BAF has in Canada.  If it works in other countries, I don't understand why it wouldn't work in the U.S.  It would vastly help the unemployment situation, because many of us would retire and open up jobs for younger people, if we didn't have to be concerned about health insurance. 
WS
Member in Good Standing

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 07:19:17 PM »

"I want what she's having."  That is, what BAF has in Canada.  If it works in other countries, I don't understand why it wouldn't work in the U.S.  It would vastly help the unemployment situation, because many of us would retire and open up jobs for younger people, if we didn't have to be concerned about health insurance. 

Yeah, Michael Moore does a good job of describing other effective health care systems in Sicko.

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Ronald Reagan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: